So I was at work and all of a sudden I felt like poetry. And here is what spawned - my expression of terrorism, global warming and my belief of where all this is heading.
Close my eyes I must tonight
Sleep is but to borrow
The fear of a human smite
I dread to wake tomorrow
Acrid is the thick air
Sirens wailing of sorrow
All to find earth's heir
I dread to wake tomorrow
Man snubs his fellow living
Perils but his farrow
Fails to make the giving
I dread to wake tomorrow
Nescient to earth's design
His perspective too narrow
Dismisses the obvious as benign
I dread to wake tomorrow
Cleansing is earth now of men
Outward from her marrow
Close our eyes we should then
Never to wake tomorrow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
all right, just wondering...you have a Nissan 350Z...so why write about global warming when you as an individual aren't really doing a whole lot to make the situation better?
[yes, I know you told me to read your blog months ago, just got around to it...]
I have M3 but still love the environment.
Post a Comment