To the guy/girl at the register at Safeway - DON'T !!!
May be you are trying to get kudos at your job or may be Safeway made a company-wide rule that you have to greet the customer by name. But seriously, do you really think I makes me so happy to watch you use all your rudimentary skills from kindergarten and play spelling bee with my name? Please cut the crap and just say "Thanks" or some formal shit like that. Who knows, that might make me happy and I might send u that kudos letter.
To the guy at the Deli near work - COME ON !!!
It's not even my last name that you have trouble with. My first name and that too just the first 4 letters. Repeat after me. A - R - U - N - Arun. Not Aaron, not Aaroon, Not Ar... (and then looking up to see if you can spot me). It's Arun. You know I am a regular and you are the manager there. The other two guys know me by name and know how to pronounce my name. The other day one of them spelled my name correctly and my white friend's name wrong. He made my day. I have gotten used to your ways now though - if you are alternating between looking at the order slip in your hand and looking around, while holding an order in your hand, I just assume that is my order and that you are looking for me. And, not surprisingly, that works most of the time.
To the guy behind me at the Deli when I was paying for my lunch - PRIVATE SPACE !!!
I know you got intrigued when my friend, the Deli manager guy, tried and failed to call out my name. And you noticed how I deftly understood he was trying to call me and responded. And I agree that this might have kindled your curiosity. But, dude, I thought there was a concept called private space... If you had just asked, I would have told you my first name, last name, my dad's name, my grand dads' names and all the other names I knew. You were a towering 6.5+ ft 250+ lb guy trying to peek over my shoulder to read my name in those tiny little font that credit card slips are printed in. You scared the shit out of me man. And I am still slightly perturbed by the fact that I was slightly bent over the counter trying to sign the credit card slip and that you were standing right behind me and that it was the busiest hour of the day at the deli.
Finally, for those who mentally start counting the vowels on hearing or seeing my last name - "SCREW U GUYSSS... I'M *not* GOIN HOME" (Thanks: Cartman)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
People have issues pronoucning my name here! And it's not just my full name. So, I can empathise with you. Truly rooly!!
You know me,
R.
Post a Comment